19 Reasons You Should NOT Shop At Walmart
In the movie “Back to the Future” Part II, remember when Biff became uncontrollably wealthy as he owned almost the entire city of Hill Valley? Well welcome to the future! Walmart is our Biff. If you read the list below it should scare you enough not to shop at Walmart! Reason #14 is the most disturbing
1. At Walmart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $10,000 profit every second!
3. Walmart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Walmart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Walmart employs 1.6 million people, is the largest private employer - and most can’t speak English.
6. Walmart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Walmart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, keeping in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (are we surprised).
9. Walmart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Walmart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store.. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Walmart.
13. The value of product for Walmart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries’ Gross National Product (GNP) … and that is only ONE port … one way that Walmart gets its stuff.
14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.
15. Walmart’s head office is located and centralized in Bentonville, Arkansas. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth. (Wonder what merchandise they have it their friendly Bentonville Walmart?)
16. The official U. S. Government position is that Walmart’s prices are ‘no lower’ than anyone else when compared to a typical families weekly purchases. That’s the view of the statisticians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the consumer price index (CPI).
17. 92% of everything Walmart sells, comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U. S. or in 3rd world countries. (Yes, China is in charge here alright) SCARY.
18. Walmart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the company (i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million). Most often these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as “Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies”, is paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the common man)
19. Walmart now averages a “profit” (not sales) of $36 billion per year.